I hope everyone is doing okay out there, and am wishing everyone good health in these uncertain times.
I have a new Mackinac Island blogpost to add tomorrow, but for right now, I’d like to share with all of you a new venture I’m pursuing.
As you all know, I’ve written on this blog for a very long time now… at least since 2010… a majority of the posts focusing on my life here on Mackinac Island. It is a joy for me to be able to practice my hobby of photography in such a beautiful place and also to be able to share it with you all. I’ve been considering doing this for quite some time now, and feel ready to give it a try.
I’m now reaching out for your support to continue building on my blogging skills and my skills as a photographer, by inviting you to my Patreon Page. As a part time teacher and fairly new business owner, I don’t yet have the financial ability to upgrade certain aspects of my hobby, specifically in upgrading to a new camera and photo editing software. As of right now, I use a Canon Rebel t6i, a Samsung NX3300, and my iPhone XS to take pictures, all of which have served me well over these past few years! However, it would be a dream to be able to upgrade to a full-frame camera, which would give me the opportunity to take higher quality photos and provide you with a clearer view of Mackinac Island.
Additionally, I would love to write more often on my blog and share more stories and insights about Mackinac Island on a regular basis. As of now, I’ve been posting about once a month, however I plan changing that to at least once every two weeks, and if you’d be interested in supporting me even more, I’d be very happy to post even more.
So if you’re interested in helping me to build on my passion for photography and writing, please visit my Patreon Page here: The Copper Lake Patreon Page. If you’ve never heard of Patreon, let me tell you a few things about it:
- Patreon is a crowdfunding website where you can offer monthly support instead of a one-time donation. You can use PayPal and also most major credit cards.
- As a supporter, you receive rewards! There are different tiers of support, and the higher the tier you enter the bigger the reward you’ll receive!
- If monthly support is not your thing though, you can also stop your support at any time, as well as go to a lower tier, or go to a higher tier.
In using Patreon, I hope that you’ll find it an enjoyable form of support, one that you feel is a benefit to you and that you feel you’re getting your money’s worth out of it.
- To support my blog, you can sign up and become a patron here: The Copper Lake Patreon Page
- And I also invite you to share my Patreon Page with people you think might be interested, too!
You should be able to see a tab at the top of my blog page labeled, “Thank You,” and every supporter’s name will be listed here.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post! I am grateful for all of you out there who have read my blog over the years, and I hope to continue providing you with more photos and posts for years to come.